Friday, December 4, 2009

Pink Eye

Yesterday as I was on my way home from my post-op visit I get a phone call. It was from Autumn's school telling me that she was in the office with pink eye. If you know Autumn you could imagine what I thought, she tends to freak out about everything. So you can also imagine what I thought when I walk into the office to get her and she has a big grin on her face and says, "look mom, my teacher says I have pink eyes. Aren't they pretty?". For her sake I am glad she didn't understand. We took her to the doctor right away and indeed it was pink eye.

Jay later picked Aspen up from school.  Aspen asked him where Autumn was and he said she had pick eye and would have to stay home for awhile.  Aspen then asked if she had to stay in bed and Jay told her no, she just has pink eye.  Aspen then said "it's no fair, Autumn always gets the fun stuff". 

We have to put drops in Autumn's eyes that look like gel. She absolutely hates this and won't open her eyes forever after we put them in. So last night after she took a shower I put the drops in her eyes she walks up the stairs to her room with her eyes closed. She gets to the top of the stairs and thinks there is one more step and face plants it. As her head hits blood goes splurting everywhere, well if you know me you can imagine that I started freaking out. I don't do well in these situations and neither does Aspen who is also freaking out, which doesn't help me. I call Jay (who is on call) and he tells me to get the bleeding under control, find out where it is coming from, put ice on it and if it won't stop call Micah (our neighbor who is also a resident). Luckily I got it stopped pretty quickly.

Autumn is at home today. I have tried my hardest to keep her away from Brighton but it's not working and so I have given in and am waiting for him to get pink eye. They have turned our family room into a fort. Here is a picture of them in the fort with their cups of ice, my kids have an obsession with eating ice lately. I don't know if you can tell in this picture but Autumn's eyes are bright red and on her left side she has a fat lip. It looks like I have beaten her.

4 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

I don't know whether to laugh uproariously at this post or not.

Pink eye is never fun & she got a fat lip too? Poor kid :( but I love the story, you told it so well!

Way to look for the laughter in all situations Jenn!

Here's hoping that the rest of your Christmas season goes much smoother than the way it started. Love you!

Dot said...

I can't believe you haven't had your gall bladder out before now, either, but so glad you did. I hope you recover quickly.

Poor Autumn, missing all that school and the Christmas hype. Looks like Brighton is happy she's home.

Great post! and good pics. Love you all. Grandma Dot

I & A said...

Oh poor Autumn..that's cute she thought pink eye was a good thing. They are so stinkin cute. I miss them to pieces!! I can't wait to see them in less than 3 weeks!! Yay! Party! I hope your doing well Jen, your in our prayers. Love all ya!

Loraine said...

Hope you are feeling better. So sorry about your gall bladder ordeal. Jay said is was still painful last week.

Poor Autumn! Cambry got pink eye at school once. What a pain. I love that she thought she had "pretty Pink Eyes!" How funny is that!

We miss you. We getting a snow storm today. A nice day to enjoy a movie!
Take Care.