Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Halloween 2009

We had a great Halloween this year!  Although it was really busy with Jay and I trying to get ready for the Super Saturday.  This is the back of our van for our ward Trunk or Treat.  We had a fog machine going that could take out a small army.  Even though we have a small ward the kids had a blast.  Since there weren't very many cars all the kids went to each car probably 4 or 5 times each. 

Autumn and her friend Ava W. at their class Halloween party.

Usually Jay goes way out when we carve pumpkins but since we were so busy this year Jay let the kids do whatever they wanted.  I have to say it was much more relaxed and took way less time!

Here is Aspen playing with the insides of the pumpkin.  She loves to get messy!

Jay helping Brighton, I am so glad Jay likes to do this.  I just think it is messy and would rather buy the plastic ones you could use year after year!  Brighton was ABSOLUTELY OBSESSED with pumpkins this year!!!!  Everywhere we would see a pumpkin he get so excited, all we heard (and still hear) is punkins, spooky punkins!

We finally got Autumn to touch the inside of a pumpkin, which is the first year ever.  She did use a spoon and freaked out when any touched her.

The finished product

Aspen was Giselle from the movie Enchanted. When the movie came out she wanted this dress sooo bad. One day in June I found it at the Disney store for $10 and I had a 20% off coupon, I was so excited!

Brighton was a penguin, I found this at the Disney store for $5 and yes I used my 20% off coupon on this too! He was so stinkin cute! We would go up to the door and he would say trick, treat. They would give him a treat and he would stand there and say it again so they would feel bad for him and give him another one. He knew how to work the system. Brighton loved Halloween. Just a couple of days ago he found an Easter basket and insisted on carrying it around with him everywhere, saying trick, treat. Jay was so embarrassed because it was a pink, my little pony basket. He also loved the glow sticks that we had on his wrists; he had to sleep with them for 3 nights before I threw them away. Then he found one of the girls "sticks" and had to sleep with that one for a couple of nights.

Autumn was an Angel again this year.  This is her friend Aspen.

We went over to our friend’s house, the Lichtenbergs for dinner and then out Trick-or-Treating. We had so much fun with them. They have girls our girl’s age. Their son Bryson loves to entertain Brighton. Their oldest daughter baby-sits our kids (best babysitter ever, we wish we could afford to have her come all the time).


Bryson, Aspen, Avery, Autumn, Aspen and Brighton getting ready to go out Trick-or-Treating.


It was so very cold on Halloween.  We put the kids in the back of the Lichtenbergs van.  They would go to a couple of houses and then jump in the van and get warm for a few minutes before going to a few more houses.  Halloween in Michigan is just plain COLD!

Aspen and her friend Avery, Autumn and her friend Aspen.  Brighton didn't want to stand by all the girls, lets hope it stays this way.

2 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

Aww they are all so cute! I'm so glad you had such a fun Halloween & have made good friends.

Halloween (FYI) is supposed to be cold. LOL Glad you had the van to keep everyone warm!

Dot said...

Sounds like a fabulous Halloween!
The kids look fantastic in their costumes. Lots of work for mom and Dad, I'm sure, but the memories will be worth it.
Love to you all.