Sunday, May 31, 2009

Autumn Graduated Joy School

Today was Autumn's Joy School Graduation. We held it here at our house in our backyard. Autumn was so excited and that is all she has talked about for the last couple of days. There are five that graduated today; Autumn, Danny, Emma, Aspen & Katie, all of which are members of the church. They are all very special kids and I am glad that I was able to spend time with them this year. After the ceremony we grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. We had a wonderful time with all the families and are grateful for the friendship they have given us.
.
Autumn ready to graduate.
Autumn and her friend Aspen.

Singing "Oh Boy, I've Got Joy". The two empty chairs were kids that were too shy to sing. Autumn did a wonderful job in singing loudly, she knew all the words very well.

Singing the "Joy School Pep Song".

Autumn receiving her diploma.

The wonderful cake that Michelle made.

Aspen with one of her good friends from the ward, Avery (Aspen's big sister).

Sharly our awesome babysitter and the missionaries, we thought we would invite them since they don't get fed all that often out here. As you can tell they were very excited to get some good food.

Brighton and Mathew. These two were so funny. I don't know if you can see in this picture but right next to Brighton's hand are a few bags of chips. These two kept sneaking up onto the deck and feeding each other Cheetos. That is what the orange stuff is all over their shirts.

Playing croquet in the backyard. Brighton kept steeling every ones balls.

5 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

Congrats Autumn! You look so beautiful in your great big fluffy dress, like a real princess! I bet it twirls like a dream! What a special moment.

Mark and Jessica said...

I'm impressed with how much effort was put into the graduation. Autumn looks so pretty in her white dress and it sounds like you had a great party going on.

I & A said...

Congrats Autumn, I love you! Those pictures of her graduation are so cute!! Her hair is getting so long. When i was looking at the pics I got tears in my eyes. I miss my littl girls so bad. our family all needs to move somewhere warm and where we are all close so we never miss things like that. love you guys!

Shelby said...

Why is it that missionaries look like they are twelve now?
Your girls are so beautiful and I can't believe Brighton is two! It really seems like you just blessed him!

Dot said...

What a wonderful event! This must have been even better than the sleep over party that Autumn was planning when we were there, and made all those invitations for. She looks so pretty, and where did you get the hats? Cool. Those are the memories life is made of that we can refer back to when we feel down & out.