Last week Jay took Autumn and Brighton to the Math & Science Fair at Autumn's school. Aspen was at Activity days and I had to do a workshop for the Young Women. At the fair they had snakes, Brighton loves snakes. He saw a big white snake and told Jay "look a worm" Jay replied "That's a snake". Brighton got very scared and started to back away. I guess he likes them plastic or in pictures but not the real thing.
There was an estimation jar with gummy lifesavers. Jay and Autumn put down their estimate. The next day when picking up Autumn up from school she was holding the jar! She had the closest guess and therefor won the jar filled with 206 gummy lifesavers.
_________________________________
On Thursday the kids didn't have school. Don't ask me why, all I know is they had the day off. Since the weather had been so nice Tirzah, Rebecca and I decided to take the kids to the park and have a picnic. It turned out the one day they didn't have school was the coldest day we have had in awhile, at least it was sunny! I am so going to miss Tirzah and Rebecca! Tirzah is going to Ohio so her husband can finish his residency and Rebecca's husband is finishing his fellowship in a couple of months and they are moving to Idaho.
Brighton, Kaytie, Autumn, Aspen, Anna, Ryan, Sarah, and Zach. We are missing the other Katie, she was too cold!
_______________________________
Saturday I gave Brighton a haircut. Normally I dread this day. He will not hold still and I end up cutting myself several times. Today, however Jay told him he would get a treat if he held still. I didn't cut my finger once! He held still most of the time, of course it helped we was watching Aladdin too!

No comments:
Post a Comment