Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Everyday Life

Nothing special, just stuff that happens in everyday life.

Jay has to pop air popped popcorn every night, usually after the kids are asleep.  Brighton has caught onto this and has realized that Dad will have sometimes have leftover in the morning.  Brighton gets excited when he sees the blue popcorn bowl on the counter.  He is already taking after his dad!

Brighton helping Jay fix the kitchen sink.  Since then he has tried to fix the sink all by himself many times.

Last Friday I went to take the girls to school and the van wouldn't start.  We had to sit around and wait for Jay to get done with surgery so he could come and get us.  Luckily he only had a couple of surgeries in the morning and then had a break.  Autumn wouldn't take off her coat she was too busy playing on her iPod while she waited for dad.  In front of her is her "bling walker".

Yesterday Jay put a new cast on Autumn. 
She picked red this time.

How many kids are lucky enough to have their dad put their cast on them.

I think every kid (well at least mine) goes through this stage where they don't want to sleep.  Aspen used to make every excuse in the book not to go to bed and would sneak out of her room and hide behind the couch and watch whatever we were doing.  Autumn used to wake up in the middle of the night and watch TV, we would see a light and go into the family room and she would be watching TV.  We would have no idea how long she had been up.  Brighton has them beat, I know, what a surprise!  Every night we tuck Brighton into bed he has to have his monkey, dinosaur (dine door), and moo cow.  He will wake up and we will hear him open and shut the door several times. Then if we don't go to him fast enough he will open other doors and shut them.  Well the other night he woke up and went into Aspen's room, turned on the light and said, "wake up Aspen".  Aspen was not happy to be awoke from a dead sleep in the middle of the night.  I am about ready to put a lock on the outside of his door. 

We are TRYING to potty train Brighton.  He has a mind of his own!  We have had a little success, but now he thinks he can take his clothes and diaper off and run around the house naked.  I cannot begin to tell you how many times a day I find a diaper on the floor but he is nowhere around.  This morning I found him in Aspen's room, naked, dancing to Hannah Montana.  This kid could belong to a nudist colony and be proud of it!

1 comment:

Dot said...

Don't dispare, Sofie does the same thing. Sometimes I go over there and all she has on is her boots. The good thing is she helps herself on the toilet without anyones help.
I like your new look on the Blog. At least we can hope spring is coming.
Autumn looks good with her new cast. Yes, she is lucky to have such a wonderful mom and dad.
Love yu all, Mom