Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentines Day Castle

For school Aspen had to make a Valentine's Day box. A note was sent home saying that there are going to be prizes for the funniest, prettiest, neatest, and so on. Aspen decided she wanted a castle. Well Jay being as competitive as he is had to make it the best (Hun, I know you don't think your competitive, but you are)! He was up late for two nights working on this. He had his scalpel out making precision cuts out of foam- he was so into it I was surprised he didn't just take it to the operating room. Aspen was so excited about her castle she couldn't wait for today to come - as you can tell she is beaming from ear to ear. Aspen is very lucky to have a dad to care enough to go the extra mile!
Thanks Jay!!!!



Aspen won a prize for the prettiest!!!

5 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! Its awesome!!! Way to go Jay!!! I love that he spent 2 nights working on it and that he used his scalpel for precision! LOL You are the best daddy!! Nope you aren't competetive at all!! Huh-uh.

Shelby said...

Teachers should really call homework what it is- Mom and dad work :) Jay did an awsome job, and Aspen looks so happy!

Mark and Jessica said...

That is one cool castle! I helped Christina with hers, but it looks like one a 3rd grader would do - cute, but simple. You can see it on our family blog - yatescrew@blogspot.com. If you can't view it - send me an e-mail and I'll be happy to send you an invite.

Great job!

Dot said...

Very cool! Way to go Jay and Aspen! I wonder what the pine wood derby car will look like in a few years when Brighton gets in scouts:) Happy Valentines Day to you all. Sorry I didn't get any sent this yr. Love, Mom

Shannon said...

WOWOW!!! Phil is cracking up as I read this to him!! Thats an awesome box!!! Phil asked if he would make one for a MALE NURSE to take to the ICU for him next :)