Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Week in Halloween

Our last week was filled with activities for Halloween! First of all on Sunday we went for a drive to look at the beautiful leaves changing colors.It was my turn to teach Joy School this week so Monday started out teaching the kids Halloween songs to sing for our Halloween program. Then for Family Home Evening we tye dyed the shirts the kids are wearing in this picture and drew faces on them.Tuesday was filled with preparation for the Halloween Party. On Wednesday we had our Halloween Party and the kids did an amazing job! They remembered all the words and sang loudly. We had sugar cookies pumpkin rice crispie treats and green slime to drink. I took pictures of the kids but all of them were fuzzy but this one of Autumn.


Wednesday afternoon it became very quite (which is not normal with Brighton around) so of course I thought he was doing something he shouldn't be doing and started searching the house thinking I would find a disaster. I found him just sitting on the couch watching the Wonder Pets. I just knew he had to be getting sick. I felt his forehead and sure enough he was flaming hot. This is the 3rd time in the last 6 weeks he has been sick. I just can't seem to wipe his nose fast enough. Autumn has even started calling him booger boy.

We were going to carve pumpkins Tuesday night but Jay has been on call almost every day for the last two weeks and was paged to come in and see a patient in the E.R. So we decided to carve them on Wednesday night but Jay was paged again to see another patient. We may seem like awful parents but we checked Aspen out of school early so we could carve pumpkins before the ward trunk-or-treat. Right before we were to leave to go to the church for trunk-or-treat Jay was AGAIN paged to see another patient. We were late but the kids still received a ton of candy!

Autumn had her hair in rollers in preparation for the trunk-or-treat.

Yes it was 1:00 in the afternoon and Brighton was still in his pajamas. The kid didn't feel well and I knew we were going to be carving pumpkins and he would get very dirty!

Hey, at least Jay didn't get paged while we were carving pumpkins.

Friday night we had our friends Micah and Sara over for dinner before heading out to go trick or treating. What do you know Jay was PAGED AGAIN a half an hour before they were to come over. Luckily Micah got tied up at the hospital and was late too!
This is our scary Witch Aspen.
Our Snow Fairy Autumn.Our cute little Pirate Brighton.


Yesterday Jay was paged three different times to go into the hospital and once in the middle of the night too. The guy that he had to go see in the middle of the night was in his 40's and broke two of his toes. When Jay asked him how he broke them he was embarrassed. He said that one of his friends is a big Obama supporter so him and his wife got a ton of McCain signs and were putting them all over his front lawn and it happened when he jumped out of his truck. Just goes to show you your only as old as you act!

5 comments:

Dot said...

Loved the pictures and stories. I've checked the blog several times this week hoping to see new pictures. What some cute costumes the kids had on. Sorry Brighton is sick again. Good thing you live fairly close to the hospital with all those calls:) Sounds like you had a fun week with the party and tie dying and pumpkin carving. Wish we were there. Grandma Larson

Shelby said...

Your kids are just too cute in their costumes and I love the shirts you made! Jay is a good dr for running back for a broken toe, I would have told him to take a pain pill and sleep it off!

Shane said...

Those are awesome pictures!! Sorry to hear about the "Pages" Jay. Didn't I warn you that doctors sometimes have no life! Welcome to the club! Too bad about the Obama supporter's toes --NOT! You should have told him that once his candidate gets elected and institutes nationalized healthcare, that he will have to wait 6 months to see a doctor!

Jesmyluk said...

What a great busy week you had. how is "booger boy" doing today though? ;0) Sorry to hear about all those pages. Love the kids costumes though, especially Autumn's hair! As usual! LOL McKenna carries Autumn's picture around with her wherever she goes, so cute!! Miss you!!! Happy Halloween!!!

Shannon said...

Oh they are so adorable in their costumes!!! I was just thinking wow you are so good to curl the girls hair....and then I saw the curlers!! WAY CUTE!!!