Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Turkeys and the Little Twirp

For Family Home Evening last night we made these turkeys from the kids hands and feet. They are laughing in this picture because the only way to get
Brighton to smile was to gobble at him.


I have to shower before Brighton wakes up in the morning or wait until he takes a nap (you may ask "why" read on and you will find out). Well, this morning he woke up at 6am and I hadn't showered yet. Aspen was awake and I told her to watch him while I jumped in the shower. Normally if I would ask Aspen to do this he would come in crying a couple of times and bang on the shower door. Today he didn't and I thought to myself, boy, Aspen is doing a good job at watching him. Was I wrong!!! I got out of the shower and got dressed and on my way out to the kitchen I noticed brown stuff all over the carpet.

I then proceeded to the kitchen to find Brighton playing in not one but TWO cans of Instant Breakfast! He had bit through the seals and had dumped them out and drooled all over it to make it wet and hard to clean up! It was all the way down the hall way and into our bedroom! This was almost impossible to clean up because we have dark hardwood floors with cracks in between and some of it you couldn't tell was there until you stepped in it.

I then turned on the tub to put Brighton in it. While I was waiting for it to fill up I tried to vacuum up the stuff before it was ground into the carpet. I came back to the bathroom to find my cell phone in the tub. After yelling and screaming at him this is the look he gave me.
You would think with all that this kid put me through while I was pregnant that I deserve a kid that is well behaved! Nope! (I know that my Mom and Ash are just laughing thinking that I deserve it all.)

5 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

ROFLOL Jenn OMGosh!!! Go Brighton!! The little dickens. He is so cute in that pic of him in his jammies in the pantry covered in instant breakfast. "What mommy?" "What'd I do?" LOL Thanks for remembering to grab the camera. LOL

I & A said...

Hey sis your totally right, I really am laughing my head off right now. That is so funny! That picture of him was so cute with hot chocolate all over himself..I bet you thought it was a little bit funny. Dang I miss you guys (especially your kids..no offence) ha ha. Only two weeks from today and we'll be hanging out. Are we doing the shopping thing the day after thanksgiving?? Call me! Love your favorite and only sis Ash. P.S. give your kids a big hug and kiss for me and tell them I love em.

Shannon said...

OH MY!!! I feel your pain!! I would have been so upset too, but then seeing the look on his face....priceless!!! What a little turket!!!!

Shane said...

I'm sure Jay was never like that when he was little!!

Dot said...

Oh, that was too funny! I guess he must have been trying to fix his own breakfast;) Where did Aspen go off to? I'll bet you were wishing you had never gotten up that day.
Love the FHE picture.