A few weeks ago my visiting teachers took me to a dairy farm that isn't too far away from our house. The Muranaka Family came to check out the residency program here so while Jay took Austin on a tour Tiffany and Miley came with us to the farm. I forgot my camera so Tiffany was nice enough to take some pics for me and I just got them via email. The kids were able to feed the cows and see them being milked. This dairy farm makes their own milk and ice cream. They have the best ice cream I have ever had! Since our trip there I have taken Jay back twice just to get more ice cream. They also have pigs but we didn't get very close to them because they stunk so very bad. Autumn started to dry heave at the smell. We had to run fast because I didn't want to have to deal with vomit.
Brighton looking at a baby cow.
Aspen feeding a cow. This cow stuck it's head through the fence and started mooing at us. After a couple minutes Brighton started saying "Moooo, Moooo, Moooo". He will still not say mom, even after all my coaxing and begging but as soon as a cow moos he will copy him.
Autumn feeding a cow. It took her a good ten minutes before she would unplug her nose.
Aspen & Autumn eating really good ice cream made right there at the dairy farm.

2 comments:
"MOOOO" Go Brighton that's how you keep your mom in line dude! LOL I love the pics! We'll have to taste that ice cream when we come for our visit next summer. LOL 80)
Tell the kids, grandma was raised on a farm and we had to milk 30 of those cows before going to school and again at night when we got home.
Grandpa used to hand milk their cow each morning and night when he was growing up.
So we're glad they had the experience of seeing where their milk and ice cream come from.
Post a Comment