Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Detroit Temple




We stopped at the Detroit, Michigan Temple Saturday while we were shopping for cars (most of the day Thursday, Friday & Saturday and yet no car). We asked the kids who could see the temple first (it was their first time seeing it), Autumn and Aspen saw it at the same time. It is a very small temple - you have to make an appointment to do a session. It's about a 30 minute drive which is closer to us than the Mesa Temple was. I find it so interesting how it is right on a main road and yet it is so quite and peaceful. The Temple grounds were beautiful with flowers everywhere.

1 comment:

Jesmyluk said...

That is so neat!! I have never seen the Detroit temple. I may have been born there but I was methodist when we lived there...having never heard of such a thing as a mormon I had no ideea there was a temple there till I joined the church by then we were living in California. If you have any pictures of the temple I would love it if you could send them to me.