Today was Brighton's first day of preschool.
He was super excited!
He has to bring a snack to preschool everyday and so in addition to the backpack he had to have a lunch box. He has been begging me for one for a long time, he wants to be just like his big sisters.
There was a little boy crying and clinging to his mom. Brighton just couldn't understand this (i.e. the look on his face). He kept asking "Why's that boy crying?" My reply to him was "He doesn't want to leave his mom." Brighton's reply back "He's being a baby, maybe he just shouldn't go to school."
All the kids lined up and the parents had to say goodbye. Brighton was off to his first day of class. He didn't even turn around to look at me! It's probably a good thing he didn't because I started crying! My baby boy isn't such a baby anymore. I didn't know what to do with myself, our house has NEVER been so quite!
When I picked up Brighton from preschool he asked "Where is Aspen and Autumn?". When I told him they weren't done yet, he wanted to go back to class until night time.
When I asked Brighton how preschool was, his reply was "It was AWESOME!"





1 comment:
Kieran was just like Brighton his first day of school. Later mom. Without a backward glance. Enjoy the peace & quiet. ;D
Post a Comment