Thursday, January 28, 2010

We are moving.....again

As some of you may know the house we are renting is being foreclosed!  We only had 17 months left here so knowing that we already have to move then just makes this all that much worse.  No, we are not getting our two thousand dollar deposit back and yes, we put a lot of money into the home we will never see again.  We found a house on Saturday and so we are in a mad dash to get the house all packed and ready to move this Saturday.  We are going to be saving 500 a month in the house we are moving to so I guess that is a positive note.  The owners are paying for a painter to come in and paint 3 rooms, you will know why when you look at the pictures below!

1/2 Bath - I have to honestly say WOW, what were they thinking!

Kids Bath - Barney blew up in this room.

Kitchen - When they went to pick this color out they probably thought "what is the brightest blue we can possibly get?".  The owner doesn't understand why we want to paint this room so we have to do this one on our own.  I just don't think I can live with this color for more than a day or two!

Den - This room is one of the better rooms, this picture was taken at night and this room doesn't have a light in it so in the daytime it looks a little brighter than this.

Aspen's room - not too bad, just not for a kids room.

I don't have any pictures of the outside of the home - I would have taken them but the last couple of days have been freezing, currently it is -10 degrees.  I will take some of the outside as well as the inside after painting it.  You probably won't hear from me for awhile - I will be a little busy!  If this post doesn't make sense I apologize - I am getting very little sleep and when I do lay down I can't sleep because I am worried about getting everything done in time!

3 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

I am so sorry!! I wish I could be there to help! Having just gone through all this I FEEL your pain. Look forward to seeing what it looks like once you are done making it over! Love you & miss you!

Dot said...

Wow! Those colors would keep me awake at night. I like blue, but not that color of blue. You are so lucky the painter is repainting. I'll bet it takes a couple coats.
I'm so sorry for the huge job of moving you've had to go thru. But it will be good not to have that big rent payment every month. We've had you in our prayers. Love you all,

Shannon said...

I'm so sorry you are going thru this with the other house! It's sad theres no law to protect renters! Ugh! Wish we lived closer so we could help out! I'd be painting too, those are some BRIGHT colors!!!