Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Birthdays, Lost Teeth, Concert Choir, You Name It!

In the last 5 days we have had 2 birthdays, one big birthday party, 2 lost teeth, a concert choir performance, and a sick "boy".

It was Autumn's Birthday a few days ago.  My sweet little girl turned 6.  She has been looking forward to her birthday ever since Aspen had her birthday in July.  Jay had to work right up until Aspen's concert performance that night so we had to wake Autumn up early to open her presents.  She really isn't a morning person, she takes after her mom, therefore the happy look on her face. 

Good Morning "Birthday Girl".



She saw this Dora Links doll at Toys R Us and fell in love.  I just couldn't get myself to pay for it; luckily I found it on sale right before her birthday.   It took me 1 1/2 hours to get it loaded on the computer.  But it was worth it because she loves playing with it.

Autumn wants to be a pet doctor when she grows up.  She received this little puppy and a vet kit.  Grandma sent her money early and told her to go and buy a present.   So she knew about this a few days before and was just about dying to be able to play with it.

Autumns was so excited to get Mario Kart, I don't know if this was for Autumn or for Jay.  We let Aspen and Autumn play this on Sunday downstairs while Brighton took a nap.  You could hear them laughing hysterically!

Aspen had her choir performance the same night as Autumns birthday.  We got there a half an hour early to get good seats and still ended up sitting towards the back.  So we couldn't get any pictures during the performance without Aspen looking like an ant.

Aspen and her friend Kaytlyn after their choir performance. 

Saturday we had a birthday party for Autumn.  It happened to be Jay's Birthday that day too.  When you get this many girls together all you can hear is screaming.

The girls made princess crowns.

We also made gingerbread houses.  This was a hit!  They had soooo much fun!

One girl was not able to come and so Brighton got to make decorate a gingerbread house too.  I thought he would just eat all the candy, but he did a lot better thought.  He had so much fun and now he keeps getting a stool to look at his finished product.  You can tell he is so proud of what he did.

Autumn decorating her house.

Hmmm, I wonder what it is.  Most kids just want to rip it open as fast as they can, not Autumn.  She opens it very carefully.

Opening more presents, this girl got spoiled!

Autumn opening Kendall's present.  I cannot believe she got this.  Jay said here in Michigan you don't need to buy your kids any presents just have a birthday party!  They will get more than enough!

Kayti, Aspen, Ava C., Autumn, Kelsey, Ava W., Kendall, Katie and Anna.

Getting ready to hit the pinata.

At previous parties with little girls it seems like it takes forever for the pinata to break open.  So Jay poked some holes in so it wouldn't take so long.  It didn't, the third girl banged it wide open!  Not all of them even got a chance to hit it.

Autumn blowing out the candles to her birthday cake.

A few weeks ago Jay was brushing Autumns teeth.  This was their conversation;
Jay - "Autumn you have two loose teeth."
Autumn - "I do?"
Jay - "You are just growing up to fast.  When you loose your teeth will you still be my little girl?"
Autumn - "He he, Yes!"
Jay - "Even when you get married?"
Autumn - "Yes!"
Jay - "Even when you have kids?"
Autumn - "Yes, daddy."
So forward a couple of weeks.  Jay was again brushing her teeth.
Jay - "Autumn you are going to loose your two bottom teeth soon."
Autumn - "No, I'm not!"
Jay - "Yes, you are."
Autumn - "No, I am never going to loose any teeth."
Jay - "Yes you are.  They are going to come out any day."
Autumn - "But daddy, I will still be your little girl.  I promise."

While eating birthday cake Autumn lost her very first tooth.  Then in school on Monday she lost another one. 

It was Jay's Birthday!  Here he is talking to his mom while opening the presents she sent to him.  Doesn't he look happy?  He started throwing up the day before and was really sick that day and was running a really high fever!  It seems like something is always interfering with his birthday.  I was in the hospital when I gave birth to Autumn one year.  I was VERY sick when I was pregnant with Aspen and Brighton.  Last year he worked a 12-hour shift in the ER.  For 9 years he took finals on his birthday!  Someday I will make it up to him and take him to Bora Bora or buy him a decked out 4 door Rubicon for his birthday!
Wow, we made it through another busy week!

3 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

Happy Birthday Autumn & Jay. Sorry Jay was so sick on his day.
:(

I am so glad Autumn had so much fun! Looks like she totally made out like a bandit! Way to go Autumn! Sending all our love!

Dot said...

I don't know how you made it thru the birthdays and the concert, what a busy week. Jay didn't say he was sick when he was talking to us. Not a very fun thing on your birthday. I loved the picture of Brighton decorating his house. he really did a nice job. Love to all, have fun on your trip.

Shannon said...

Looks like you had lots of fun!! Happy Birthday to your little girl. She is so cute!! Happy Bday to Jay too!!