On Tuesday, October 13, 2009 one of our dearest friends Scott Shimamoto was killed in a small plane crash. He has left behind his wife, Melissa and their six children, Audrey, Jared, Lydia, Andrew, Rachel, and Ryan. We had the opportunity of knowing the Shimamoto family when we lived in Arizona. This is a family who would do anything for you! I consider Melissa to be one of the greatest friends I have ever had. She came into my life when I needed someone the most. I saw how Scott treated Melissa with love, kindness and respect. He was a wonderful father who loved and cared for his children. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Melissa and her children.
This is the link to the obituary
CLICK HERE
They are asking In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Shimamoto Family Memorial at any Yellowstone Bank Branch ((406) 628-7951).
This is the only picture we have of Scott. He is standing in the very back. We were at the park the day before Easter having an Easter egg hunt and dinner together. Every Easter I think about the fun time we had together with the Shimamoto's.
Pictured below are Lydia, Audrey, Aspen, Autumn, Jared, Andrew, Melissa and Scott.
This is the link to the obituary
CLICK HERE
They are asking In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Shimamoto Family Memorial at any Yellowstone Bank Branch ((406) 628-7951).
This is the only picture we have of Scott. He is standing in the very back. We were at the park the day before Easter having an Easter egg hunt and dinner together. Every Easter I think about the fun time we had together with the Shimamoto's.
Pictured below are Lydia, Audrey, Aspen, Autumn, Jared, Andrew, Melissa and Scott.
We never know when a life is going to be taken away from us. It is so hard when the life is lost in such a tragic accident such as this. Our hearts are aching for Melissa and her family. We take comfort in knowing that they will be reunited again someday because of sacred temple ordinances that have sealed them for time and all eternity. What comfort the plan of salvation gives to us all in times like these!
Let this be a reminder for all those touched by this tragedy to live worthy lives that will allow you to live together with your families forever. Also a reminder to tell your family and friends how much you love them an appreciate them; you never know how much time you have left with them.

3 comments:
We were also saddened by the death of your friend. Life is so hard sometimes. This morning a new member of our ward that live in the Griffins home said her father died in a small plane crash when she was 8 yrs old, leaving her mother to raise 7 children alone. She said her life would have been much different and she probably wouldn't have met her husband. So maybe Heavenly Father has a different plan of challenges that will make this family stronger in many ways. Our prayers are with you and your friend who has a huge challenge of raising her family by herself.
Oh, my goodness this is so sad! I know that they were great friends of yours.
What is she going to do? We really don't know what life will throw at us. I hope I never have to face what this poor girl is facing.
Our thoughts are with you and with their family.
We miss you! I haven't been keeping up with your blog, as I haven't been keeping up with my blog. School is just too overwhelming, and I have a lot on my plate.
We need to talk! I miss you guys.
Take Care.
I'm so sorry. That is sad and just hard to take in for all those who knew him and know his family. Prayers for you and his family for this loss. :(
Post a Comment