Today is the first day of school for Aspen & Autumn!
Aspen is entering the 3rd grade this year. This is the 4th school in 4 years that she will attend. Her teachers name is Mrs. Putnam. She is excited this year because she will have a locker at school! She considers herself one of the big kids now.
To get the kids to smile Jay had to make funny faces therefor the laughing and not looking at me.
Brighton will not know what to do without his big sisters! I have already heard a few times today "Where Aubum", which is" Where is Autumn".
We arrived at school and Aspen found her good friend Bella before we had even left the parking lot. I think this made it a little easier on her transition to a new school.
Goodbye Aspen. She was so excited that she got a new backpack this year that had wheels, she had to make sure I got it in the picture.
Autumn with her teacher Mrs. Briggs. In her school all the teachers have a line outside the building with their classroom number on it. The kids have to line up on it and when the warning bell rings the teachers take their kids to their classroom.
This is Autumn waiting in line. She had just realized that she was going to have to leave mom. You can probably tell she is crying. I was trying to be so brave not to cry and when she started crying I was holding back the tears. I knew I had to be strong until I got to the car.
"Goodbye Mom & Dad". This is going to be one of the longest days of my life. I know I shouldn't worry, but I do. Sometimes when Autumn starts crying she can't stop without me picking her up in my arms and holding her. Will she have a fun day? Will she make friends? Will she like her teacher? I am counting down the minutes until I can go wait for her in parent pick up. I want to see the look on her face when she walks into the gym. I know I will instantly be able to tell if she had a good day or a bad day.
After dropping the kids off Jay and I were driving home and Jay said "I can't believe there weren't more kids crying". I had to remind him that most of the kids there had been going to day care since they were born, they were used to being away from their parents. My little girl has never had to leave mom & dad and go with someone she doesn't know.

3 comments:
They look so cute. I got teary eyed reading that because I remember how scary it was and I use to cry and I know what she's feeeling. I hope she had fun and enjoyed it. I bet she will. I love them so much!
I can only imagine how hard that must have been to leave the kids on their first day of school. I was crying just reading and looking at the pictures. I hope it went well for both of them. Give Brighton a hug for us. Love, Grandma L.
Autumn looks just like McKenna, both of them look too little to be kindergartners. It was hard for me to hold it in till I left her. I sobbed all the way out to the car & randomly burst into tears several times that day till I got to go pick her up. So I know how hard it is to let her go. ;)
They all look so sweet. Here is to the first day of shool.
Post a Comment