My entire side of the family met for an entire week in Playa del Carmen, Mexico! This was one of the funnest vacations EVER! It was all inclusive, which is wonderful for kids. I can't tell you how many margaritas we had, virgin of course, which the bartenders just couldn't understand. They would say "you mean for the kids, alcohol for you!
The 2nd full day we were there we went to a place called Xcaret. We were able to float down a river, see dolphins, sea turtles, sharks and manta rays. They had a beach with hammocks and an evening show.
Autumn building something in the sand.
Jay & Brighton relaxing in the ocean after walking around Xcaret ALL day long.
Aspen, Autumn, Alex & Lauren. Aspen & Alex are only 3 days apart and Autumn and Lauren are only 3 months apart in age.
Me & Brighton taking a breather. Notice how we both have something in our hands. They are potato wedges from lunch that he carried around for hours. I was finally able to throw them away when he fell asleep.
Autumn striking a pose
Brighton & Autumn popping their heads out of a sea turtle egg.
Brighton finally fell asleep. Notice how there is a look of relief on Jay's face.
Brighton was soooo tired!
Brighton and Aspen sitting in a huge chair.
Autumn & Aspen posing with a girl from the night show.
Aspen
Autumn
So, Brighton didn't last very long at the night show. After a few minutes we had to leave. No one was around and we were able to look around without hoards of people.
It was VERY HOT & HUMID in Mexico. The only areas that were air conditioned at this place were basically the bathrooms. So during the show while no one was around we went to a little fountain with benches around it out in front of the ladies and men's rooms. We would go look around and then when we would get hot we would go cool off here for awhile. There were guards that patrolled this area and I am sure the were cracking up at us because I think we came back here 6 times in a couple of hours.
The next day I think we were all exhausted! Autumn just wanted to hang out in bed for awhile.
All the guys went into town to try and find a pharmacy for Sarah who forgot her prescription. While they did this my Mom and Aspen filled up the huge tub, turned on the jets and put their feet in. Water went everywhere! I got soaking wet just trying to take this picture.
After soaking their feet my mom, Aspen and Autumn climbed in bed to watch High School Musical in Spanish.
The next day we went to Tulum, the ruins. This was the hottest I have ever been in my entire life!!! It was at least 100 degrees with close to 100% humidity. The kids had a hard time even walking. This was an awesome place but we were so hot all we wanted to do was run to the ocean and strip down then jump in! Which has never felt so good!
Aspen holding onto Brighton's monkey leash waiting for our tour guide to finish his spiel.
Autumn usually isn't a complainer but WOW, she was that day!
In front of one of the ruins.
Jay and the kids stopped in some shade while we waited for others to catch up. While they were sitting here Aspen started screaming. She was being bitten by ants. She was stripping off her clothes and Jay was trying to get them off her. I only got one bite and it left a welt and hurt like crazy. I felt so bad for her.
Our last full day there we decided to relax at the pool and the beach.
Lauren & Autumn eating probably their 50th ice cream of the trip.
All the grand kids (except Sarah).
Aspen, Kira, Sina, Alex, Brighton, Lauren, Autumn & Luke
Jay, Brighton and Autumn
Brighton LOVED the water and wasn't afraid at all! He would jump into the water, then come up and start swimming to the side and start all over again. He couldn't do it fast enough.

Autumn with her turtle.

Aspen with her

Autumn playing in the sand. She preferred this over the salty ocean water.
Autumn with her turtle.
Aspen with her
Autumn playing in the sand. She preferred this over the salty ocean water.

3 comments:
I love all the pictures!! It looks like paradise. Well, until I read how hot you were! LOL The water looks amazing!!
I would love to go hang out at a beach for a week. But I think I'd want to go all by myself. but then I'm greedy that way. ;>
My favorite picture though is the one of Brighton sleeping in his life jacket sitting up! So precious!
I agree, that picture of Brighton sleeping sitting up is so cute!
What a fun vacation for your family, it will bring back many memories for years to come.
Thanks for sharing. Love you.
Love the pictures!!! Man I'm jealous I crave the beach everyday! I think its a sin to live somewhere so hot and not have access to the beach!!!
You guys look so happy! Glad you had fun!!
Post a Comment