Thursday, August 13, 2009

Brightons Fight With the Mosquito

The day before we left for our trip to Mexico Brighton woke up looking like this! We found out he has a severe reaction to mosquito bites. We called our doctor on Saturday morning which went straight to his cell phone and he said he would meet us at his office, what normal doc would do that? He put Brighton on steroids, antibiotics and told us to give him a double dose of Benedryl every 4 hours. This is Brighton that afternoon after all the drugs, he could actually open his eye a little bit.We don't know if it was the Benedryl or the steroids that turned our happy little boy into a monster for our plane ride to Mexico the next day! I will post about our trip a little later but we just got home and I realized a couple of hours ago that it is my turn to teach in Relief Society on Sunday and I have to get a lesson put together.

3 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

Awww poor baby!! At least he was smiling for the pictures anyway. What a great doctor to to do that for you! Would he make house calls to Surprise? LOL Can't wait to hear about Mexico.

Dot said...

My heart hurts for him. It was probably those steriods that turned him into a monster. Ron just got put on them yesterday, and the doctor told him they'd make him so he couldn't sleep, and he'd be a grouch.

I love the new picture of Autumn.

Shannon said...

Poor guy!!! I'm glad you had a good doc to help so quickly!