It was a beautiful sunny morning. I had dropped Aspen off at school and was on my way to take Autumn to preschool. I had a list of things I needed to do while Autumn was at school. I was driving on a busy 4 lane road going 60mph when out of the middle of nowhere comes a deer headed right at me! It hit the van, came up hit the window and then I could see it through the sunroof. I then saw it laying sideways flying across the highway. I was shaking uncontrollably! I couldn't even push the buttons to call Jay - I dialed my mom, my brother and my sister before my shaking hand hit the right button! I am so grateful it didn't come through the windshield and no one was hurt. Brighton was busy watching a movie and didn't even realize anything had happened. When you ask Autumn what happened today, she simply states "We smooshed Bambie" (the deer was a lot bigger than that). We are now back to sharing Jay's little Mazda hatchback, yeah.



7 comments:
Oh my goodness! I am so glad that you are all ok! Once I realized that you were all ok, I had to laugh at the, "smooshed Bambi" comment of Autumn's. I think it was a nervous kind of pent up breathy laugh though.
I am so glad the damage is only to your van. You aren't alone, I would have had a hard time dialing too. I probably would have burst into a million pieces especially once i realized we were all safe. Thank goodness you are ok.
Your guardian angels were watching over you today. So sorry about the van. We're just thankful everyone is ok. Those deer do tend to come out of no where and just jump in front of cars.
I am so glad to hear you guys are all safe! I've been in accidents before and can commiserate with you being so shaken after the fact. Good thing "bambi" didn't do any more damage - they can really be destructive.
Are they going to be able to repair the van, or will it be totaled? Good luck figuring everything out.
Oh my goodness! How scary! I'm so glad you're all okay, even if the poor van isn't.
They will be able to fix our van. We don't know how long that will be, the people who are fixing it won't know until they assess the damage. My guess is at least two weeks.
Oh I'm sooooo glad you guys are okay!!
When are you coming to AZ?
Glad you were safe! We need to catch up with you guys!
Post a Comment