A couple of weekends ago Jay had a conference in Traverse City. It was all paid for by his residency program. They put him up in a 2 room condo. So we decided that we would all go with him. I am so glad we did! The conference fed us most of our meals so basically we only paid for the gas to get there. Even though it was a short trip we had a lot of fun! He only had meetings on Saturday until noon and Sunday until 10am so we actually got to spend a lot of time with him. We get to do this every year and I can't wait until next year!
Brighton was so excited to go swimming. On the way there we couldn't stop laughing because he was doing this little running skip and yelling "yeah".
At the hotel lobby. 
Looking out the window waiting for Jay to pull the car up. This weekend was the coldest I have ever felt before! Aspen had school cancelled on Friday because it was -28 degrees. Our windows were dirty driving up there and we would turn on the window washer fluid and it would freeze before our wipers could get to it!
Looking out the window waiting for Jay to pull the car up. This weekend was the coldest I have ever felt before! Aspen had school cancelled on Friday because it was -28 degrees. Our windows were dirty driving up there and we would turn on the window washer fluid and it would freeze before our wipers could get to it!
Jay had meetings all morning on Saturday so we just lounged out while we waited for him. Why is it that at home kids are bored if you do this but at a hotel they had a blast!

2 comments:
What a great picture of all of you in front of the big window!! The background is gorgeous! At least to me itis. he he I also loved the pic of Brighton standing on the window sill!
Glad you had so much fun, and I am still jealous!! Especially of the snow days for the cold weather...I remember being a kid and sitting in front of the radio waiting to hear if my school would be announced.
BTW Jen when DOES Aspen turn 8 and get baptized?
Sure looks like fun. Reminds me of our trip to Frankenmueth.
The kids will remember it forever.
Dot
Post a Comment