Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Friday Night Pizza, Movie & A Picnic

When Jay was at school ALL the time I needed something to break through the monotony. So I decided that every Friday night I would rent a movie for the kids order pizza and have a picnic while we watched the movie. I also don't make the kids take a bath that night (which if you know me at all, this is very hard for me to do). When Jay was actually able to be home on Fridays he thought that this was pretty fun and so it has stuck! It has become a tradition! The kids look forward to it every Friday night! This was last Friday night and the first time we let Brighton have the picnic on the floor. Before then he would knock over drinks and steal pizza and we would find it a couple of days later under the couch or in a closet. He was so excited to be with his sisters!

3 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

How did I not see this post? Crazy. What a great tradition! We used to do something similar to this too but we kind of got out of the habit. Maybe we should start it back up again. We'll see... 80)

Just wanted to wish you guys a very Happy Thanksgiving!!! We love you and miss you!!!!

Shannon said...

Love the pic!!!! Fun tradition!!!

Dot said...

I can almost taste that pizza! I've sat in on a couple of these and they are fun. Miss you. Love mom