Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Our New Swing Set


We finally finished our new swing set that we bought at Sam's Club. The directions said it would take two people 20 - 24 hours and they were pretty much right. This was our Labor Day weekend project. We worked on it all day Saturday which included a big goose egg and a hole in a foot. Then we worked on it all day Labor Day. We had a few finishing touches to do last weekend and it is finally done! It was all worth it because the kids love it, especially Brighton!
This was the area that we had to clear out which included chopping down a tree, pulling a ton of weeds and spraying ivy killer. We then laid down weed blocker. The worst part was taking 15 yards of mulch from the front yard to the backyard - It might not sound bad but each yard of mulch was about 35 big bags you would buy at Home Depot!
Brighton kept climbing the ladder. He would be up to the top before we even noticed.
Brighton trying to help Daddy screw the screws into the swing set.


End of Day One!

Aspen & Autumn sliding down their new slide.
Aspen pushing Brighton in his swing - he laughs like crazy every time he is in it!

6 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

What a great playset!! I BET they love it! Brighton climbing the ladder would give me a heart attack. LOL Good job mom & dad!

shannen said...

The playset looks like so much fun - the backyard even more fun! Wow! It looks like you guys live in a beautiful place - I am so jealous as I sit here and look at my heat-stressed 3-ft tall trees, patchy grass, and ugly block wall. Enjoy the greenery and beauty for us desert rats!

Dot said...

Wow! That is impressive. It really is pretty and i'm sure a delight for the kids. I can't believe Brighton is up on that ladder. Good job, putting that together. See you in two and a half weeks. Love, Mom

The Bluths said...

Hey I just found out you guys have a blog! So I must say that it is a shame you guys left...your poor house just doesn't look the same. Jay kept that grass looking so professional and I swear it wasn't touched for weeks after you left. Shame shame. Hope all is well on your end of the world :)

P.S. I can't believe how big Brighton is! He is already standing? Crazy!

Shane said...

I think Brighton must be related to his Uncle Shane and his Great-Uncle Lane!!

Mark and Jessica said...

That is one impressive play set and it looks like you have amazing weather to enjoy it. Congrats!