So I thought I would update you on Aspens first day of school. I went to pick her up at parent pick up in the gym. She came in and saw me then turned around and gave a girl a hug! All my fears dissipated! Her friend came up and introduced herself and informed us that Aspen now has 4 new best friends. What a relief!!!!
Today was Aspen's first day of 2nd grade. She started at a new school since moving here to Michigan (it will be her 3rd school in 3 years). She was a little excited this morning. That quickly went away. At her school they line up outside the school by class. All the kids in her class seemed to know each other not to mention every other 2nd grader in the school. They were calling each other by name and laughing. Not one person talked to Aspen. I asked her if she wanted me to leave and she said no and just clung to my arm. For first grade and kindergarten I walked her into her room and she said bye mom, you can leave now. But not this time, this was a time when I just wanted to cry. My heart just ached for her. I wish I could just keep her home and shelter her for the rest of her life. I hope her day gets better and she will make lots of friends. She has always been the ring leader and is friends with everyone. Anyway I had to go to get groceries and remembered that Aspen had been begging for the new Miley Cyrus CD. So, I bought it for her and am going to wrap it up and give it to her when I pick her up. I hope this will cheer her up! 
Aspen wanted me to make sure I got a picture of her new etnies shoes. She already takes after Grandma Hoggan - a shoeaholic!
Of course Autumn and Brighton wanted their picture taken too!
4 comments:
Poor Aspen, I am sure she will be just fine though Jenn. I bet she makes lots of new friends by the end of the day. I think you aer such a great mommy to get her that CD for the first day of school gift. She will love it and you even more. I cannot believe how grown up they already seem. Its only been a few months and already they look different to me. Give Aspen a big hug from me and tellher I think she's fabulous!!
Oh what a bitter sweet moment!!! You sound like you handled it so well!! I would have done the same thing with the CD!! That's cool of you!!! Crazy how time just flys!!!!
Awww...poor Aspen. That's a tough way to start out the new year. Knowing her though she'll have lots of friends in no time and 2nd grade will be great for her! Tell her that Riley says HI and wishes she could have been there with her on the first day!
Hey Jenn,
I saw your blog on Shannon's. I had to post a comment because I can so relate with us being moving here to Hawaii. This is Leigh's 7th school and she is in 6th grade. But I was worried and my heart was broken all summer by them missing their friends they would have gone back to school with. I'm sure Aspen has a group of friends already.
Post a Comment