Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall Weekend

I know, I haven't posted forever!  I don't even know
if anyone still looks at this or not!

Friday night was our ward camp.  Although we didn't stay overnight, we did go up and have dinner.  On our way there we stopped at an old ghost town.  The kids thought it was pretty cool!

Standing in front of an old mine.

Saturday we drove up to Pinetop.  This is Jay's favorite weekend!  It means that ski season is coming soon!  If you ride the ski lift up and donate a can of food then kids 12 and younger get a free season ski pass!

The kids (and by kids that includes Jay) were pretty excited to see a helicopter!  Aspen & Autumn inside the helicopter.

It was absolutely beautiful up there!
All the Aspen trees were bright yellow!

Brighton riding the ski lift.

Jay and Brighton in front of a lake.  I don't know it's name!

It was so beautiful up there!  This picture just doesn't even do justice to how bright yellow the Aspen trees were!

On our way home Sunday we stopped along the way to do some "Geo Caching".  This is Brighton holding his "treasure", a toy helicopter.

The girls standing on top of the rim.  All you could see for miles were mountains covered with pine trees.  It smelled so good!

Brighton was standing on the edge of the rim and Aspen had to stand behind him because she was freaked out he was going to fall off!  She snuck into the picture, he would have been
mad to find out she was there!

On our way home we stopped in Fountain Hills to see the worlds tallest fountain.  I can't believe it has been there since 1970!  The wind was blowing just enough to make a rainbow.  The kids had fun at the playground and chasing ducks.
We just wish we had bread to feed them.

No comments: