Monday, September 21, 2009

Camping in the Backyard

Camping in the backyard is really not our thing. We like to camp in the woods where there are wild animals, trees and streams. But around here you have to pay to camp and there is another camp ground site right next to yours. Since our backyard is full of trees and animals we decided to camp there. Plus we have the luxury of a kitchen not far away. As most of you know we have Pizza, Movie & Picnic almost every Friday night. This last Friday we did just that but in a tent. The movie "Barbie and the Three Musketeers" just came out. We don't buy many movies but the girls LOVE Barbie and we knew they will watch it non-stop and will be well worth the money.
Our Tent (with the extension cord for the TV. and DVD player)

Jay, Aspen, Autumn and Brighton hanging out in the tent.

Aspen watching the movie

Autumn jumping up and down on the air matress

Brighton would not sit still and watch "barbie"(which I know Jay is thankful for), he just liked being in the tent.

Autumn & Aspen roasting marshmallows after Brighton was put into his bed. Jay stayed out and slept in the tent with the girls while I stayed inside with Brighton in the warmth of my own bed. It got down to 49 degrees that night. I also had a relief society lesson that I was working on and stayed up late to do so, believe me I would have rather been outside than preparing that.

3 comments:

Dot said...

We were wondering how it went. Looks like they had a great time! Say check out this scripture we were pointed to last night by a talk from the Logan Temple Pres Bachman--D&C 97:12-14, it's in regards to our callings. Pres. Pettit said next time he goes to the temple, he's going with that in mind.
Loved the pictures!

Jesmyluk said...

Looks like a lot of fun!! Wow 49 degrees in September...hope I am ready for similar weather come December.

I think you guys should buy season passes to Six Flags!! I will try & talk PD into the same thing. Then we can get together lots of times!!

There are a few things I am looking forward to about moving...cooler weather & 4 full seasons, my high school friend Kim lives just a couple hours north of St. Louis & the fact that we'll be closer to you guys!!

Shannon said...

How fun!!!! Love the new header and pics! Your kids are socute!!