Friday, July 10, 2009

Aspen's "8th" Birthday

Yesterday was Aspen's Birthday. We had a day filled with fun! We started off opening presents. We then got ready and hit the beach. It was a perfect day for the beach. Not a cloud in the sky, can you believe it? Then Aspen was finally able to get her ears pierced. Then we went to Chuck E Cheese. You would think the kids would be tired after all this but then we came home and played games until 11:30pm, yes I know, I am paying for that today - big time!

Good Morning Birthday Girl! Birthday package all the way from Utah.
Let me open the BIG one!
Okay, I know I said we would NEVER buy our kids video games. Aspen has been begging for the wii forever! I guess it is a little different because they can't just sit on their but. We found a REALLY good DEAL thanks to our friend Michael. I guess it will help in those wonderful Michigan winters when all you do is sit on your but anyway!

Aspen opening Autumn's present.


So, Aspen had been talking about this new Hannah Montana 3 CD. I looked in the stores and couldn't find it so I couldn't figure out what in the world she was talking about. Then one day as the TV was on in the background I heard the NEW Hannah Montana 3 CD was coming out on July 7th. No wonder I couldn't find it, it hadn't even came out yet! I think I already have all the songs memorized.

Autumn building a sandcastle.

Jay, Autumn & Aspen's sandcastle. They worked on this for a long time and when it was time to go they had to destroy it so no one else could play with it.

Another present came in the mail.


Jay will not let the girls get their ears pierced until they turn eight - he doesn't want them growing up too fast. Jay made it into a big deal and made a gift certificate to tell Aspen how much he loves her and how proud of her he is, then allowing her to get her ears pierced.

Aspen hugging the bear while waiting for them to get all the stuff ready to pierce her ears.

Now she isn't too sure anymore. "Is it gonna hurt?"



All done, that wasn't too bad after all. Jay was amazed that they pierced them with the ear rings and didn't stick a needle in first. I guess you can imagine he had never seen it done before.


We were then off to Chuck E Cheese.

Aspen taking Brighton on a ride.
Brighton playing Whack a Mole. If you stand too close to him you will also get whacked.

Bob the Builder car. I could ride this all day!

Hannah Montana Birthday Cake.


Blowing out the candles.


Autumn needed her picture with the pretty purple cake too!

3 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

Happy Birthday Aspen!!!

She is growing up so fast! I can't believe it is time for her earrings.

We have the same rule about earrings. McKenna must be 8 and rpove that she is old enough and responsible enough to keep them clean.

I love that Jay didn't know they pierced w/ the earrings themselves. How cute!

I got all teary eyed over his gift certificate/letter. And what a great sand castle!! So much fun!

I & A said...

Looks like you guys had a day full of fun! Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you guys. She looks so grown up..I can't believe she's eight. She's so pretty, and I love her so much! I hope I can make it to her baptism, but we'll see. We sure do miss you guys!! Love ya!

Dot said...

A wonderful description of Aspen's special day. I could tell she was excited by her voice when I talked to her that morning. What a wonderful mom to keep such great memories alive by writing them down. Sounds like alot of fun. Love you all very much.